After postponing the release of Windows 10 mobile update for Lumia phones, Microsoft has finally started rolling out the update for Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL. The very first Windows 10 mobile updates were rolled out in Egypt and Jordan on Lumia 535 and Lumia 640 XL. There is no official announcement yet. As expected, even though unannounced, the roll out of Windows 10 mobile update in these nations was the beginning.
Microsoft announced that the company has started rolling out Windows 10 mobile update for Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL on its forum. On February 18th, the forum was updated with a post that read, “We have started rolling out the February cumulative update (10.0.10586.107) for Windows 10 Mobile today. Update availability will start with open market variants and will increase to everyone over the next week as we monitor and ensure quality of the release.” The Windows 10 mobile update was postponed as Microsoft wanted to roll out an update that is free of bugs and other issues. That is why even now the update is not being aggressively pushed. The company is going slow with the release.
Windows 10 Update: Improvements made to Lumia 950, Lumia 950 XL
No update is released without any purpose. May it be an update for desktops or mobile phones, it aims at making your device better than before. With the latest Windows 10 mobile update, Microsoft has also aims to improve your Lumia 950/Lumia 950 XL phone. As given on the Answers Forum, given below are the improvements made to the phones with Windows 10 mobile update release:
- Reliability and stability improvements.
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements with car and other accessories.
- Microsoft Edge improvements to PDF rendering and navigation.
- Improvements for battery usage with Iris Recognition for Windows Hello.
- Update system improvements to fix a situation where some users had phone software updates and app downloads stuck at 0% for extended time periods.
- Change to update system to now require phone to be plugged into a charger when downloading and preparing phone software updates.
- Fix for a problem causing erroneous low storage prompts for some users when trying to download phone software updates.
- Fix for a problem that caused erroneous prompts of Outlook account settings being out-of-date for some users, although account settings had not been changed.
- Fix for a problem that caused some phones to get stuck on BitLocker Recovery screen after a reset.
The list mentioned above is of the key features posted on Microsoft’s Forums by Mike Mongeau, for an exhaustive list, click here.
Also, please check your Lumia 950/Lumia 950 XL for the Windows 10 mobile update roll out. To do so, go to “Settings > Update & security > Phone update > Check for updates. ”