What does it take to become Katie Hopkins, the “most hated woman in Britain?”
The British journalist has been making news in the U.S. for the past few days due to her comments regarding the weight of American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson.
Most people have yet to familiarize themselves with Hopkins. As for those who have already taken a liking to the TV personality’s antics, here are six things they need to do in order to become THE Katie Hopkins.
1. You need to join The Apprentice and be one of the most straightforward contestants.
You also need to enter into a fling with another contestant—preferably an ex-Army lieutenant named Paul Callaghan—during the show. In an interview, Hopkins answered when asked if she ever cheated to get what she wanted, “To get someone else’s husband because I wanted him.”
NEWS: Harrison Ford Injured In Plane Crash In Los Angeles
2. You need to think that Palestinians are “filthy rodents,” like what Hopkins tweeted.
She had faced calls for prosecution because of what she did, but nothing seemed to have happened.
3. You need to be very passionate when it comes to proving that overweight people are only overweight because they are simply unmotivated to work out.
In a documentary called “Fat and Back,” Hopkins gained 42 pounds in a span of three months before returning to her regular weight.
You need to be convinced that overweight people simply lack the drive to hit the gym, all while you ignore possible genetic disorders and other physiological problems.
4. You need to know how to ignore people who say your nose is too big.
Despite people teasing her about her appearance, Katie Hopkins would just shrug them off. Once, she even said, “Equally, I am happy with my nose. I can use it as a sundial if I’m in the mood.”
5. You really, really need to show your aversion towards overweight individuals at least once a day, like what she tweeted just recently.
6. You need to get in a fight with Perez Hilton.
When Hopkins and Hilton were contestants in “Celebrity Big Brother,” the male gossip blogger accused Katie of bullying him, comparing his “back fat” to that of a blue whale. Perez even said, “She’s what I used to be,” so if he suddenly compares himself to you, then congratulations. You’ve just become Katie Hopkins.
SPORTS: Maurice Jones-Drew Announces Retirement
It is reported that after Hopkins “fat-shamed” Kelly Clarkson by asking if the singer ate “all of her backing singers,” all Kelly had to say is:
“That’s because she doesn’t know me. I’m awesome! It doesn’t bother me. It’s a free world. Say what you will. I’ve just never cared what people think. It’s more if I’m happy and I’m confident and feeling good, that’s always been my thing. And more so now, since having a family—I don’t seek out any other acceptance.”
So on second thought, why shouldn’t everyone be like Kelly Clarkson instead?