The newly-crowned Miss America 2017, Savvy Shields, is not just an ordinary fan of Beyoncé. It has always been her dream to be a backup dancer for the “Crazy in Love” singer.
On Sunday, the 21-year-old beauty queen from Fayetteville, Arkansas bested the other 51 contenders from the other states during the pageant night held at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
Apart from emerging as the top beauty to dominate the 96th Miss America, the former Miss Arkansas’s Outstanding Teen 2009 was also the preliminary talent winner.
Following her win, many followers of Miss America 2017 must have already gotten curious about the background and whereabouts of the newest queen.
Upon winning in the preliminary talent competition, which made her $2,000 richer, Savannah Janine “Savvy” Shields revealed about her long-time “secret” dream – to be part of Beyoncé’s shows as one of her dancers, according to NJ.com.
Well, the 35-year-old multi-awarded performer might just accept her considering Shields’ “dynamic dance routine” as she moved to the tune of “They Just Keep Moving the Line.”
Aside from this revelation, there are other things that might interest you even more about Miss America 2017 Savvy Shields.
- She is a fine arts major at University of Arkansas.
- She is an artist. According to Hollywood Life, the latest winner of the US-based beauty pageant has already tried her hands, and even the rest of her body, in executing several art forms.
- She has a strong faith in God. The entertainment site described her as “religious,” as evident in her Twitter bio wherein she shared that she loves Jesus.
- She loves her fans. The report disclosed that Miss America 2017 Savvy Shields makes sure that she reads all the fan mail she gets.
- She is a fan of “Predator.” Remember the science fiction action film from 20th Century Fox? She is into it.
- She is taken. The report dished that newly-named Miss America does not only have a boyfriend, but an awesome one.
“A special thank you needs to go to the greatest boyfriend in pageant history,” she reportedly captioned a photo with BF Nate Wolf she shared on social media. “He’s the real deal.”
Amid her obvious admiration towards her beau, the news outlet emphasized that they cannot get married just yet since Miss America 2017 Savvy Shields cannot do so until she turns over the crown next year.