The battle between the Galaxy and the iPhone has been fiercer than ever this year. Both tech giants have succeeded in producing high-performing smartphones. But which phone emerged the winner?
Unlike other smartphone makers, Samsung hails from the world of Android; iPhone from iOS. We will analyze the smartphones based on their design, performance and price worth. Below, we have provided you with specs of both flagship smartphones.
iPhone 6s Plus:
- Display: 5.5-inch Retina HD display with 1920×1080 resolution at 401 ppi, 3D Touch enabled
- Dimensions: 158.2mm x 77.9 mm x 7.3 mm
- Weight: 192 grams
- Storage: 16, 64, or 128GB
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Processors: A9 chip with 64-bit architecture and M9 motion coprocessor
- Front camera: 5 MP
- Rear camera: 12 MP photos. ƒ/2.2 aperture. 4k video
- Battery: 2750mAh
- Colors: Silver, Space Grey, Gold, or Rose Gold
Galaxy S7 Edge:
- Display: 5.5-inch display with a 2560×1440-pixel resolution at 534 ppi
- Dimensions: 150.9mm x 72.6 mm x 7.7 mm
- Weight: 157 grams
- Storage: 32 or 64, plus support for microSD cards up to 200GB
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Processors: Samsung Exynos 8890
- Front camera: 5 MP
- Rear camera: 12 MP, f/1.7 aperture, 4K video
- Battery life: 3600 mAh
- Colors: Dark Grey, Silver, or Gold
Design will be the first priority in the minds of major consumers. iPhone, unfortunately, has lost the battle here. Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge designed a curved OLED Panel, prioritizing the screen’s appeal. Whereas Apple still uses its old LED technology from the inception of iPhone. Although it introduced 3D touch, it just wasn’t enough.
When both the smartphones compete against each other in specs, knowyourmobile considers Samsung S7 Edge better due to storage capacity, providing 32GB and 64GB variants. Moreover, unlike the iPhone, it is expandable up to 200GB. Whereas the iPhone is still ignorant in expanding storage capacity, providing 16GB storage to the entry variant of iPhone 6s Plus.
In terms of performance based on the smartphone’s chipset, according to benchmark submitted in knowyourmobile, the iPhone 6s wins against Samsung S7 and S7 Edge in two out of one. The battery capacity of the smartphones is a major deciding factor; looking into the official specs, you can compare and contrast both flagships. Unfortunately, the iPhone 6s loses, again, against the Galaxy S7 Edge.
The test shots (Video/Photo) of both flagships results in a tie, although Samsung provides F/1.7 aperture while the iPhone is at F/2.2. Both smartphones provide 4K and have been tested by tech professionals. The conclusion is that none is better than the other, although some may favor the other due to personal preference.
However, according to gearburn, the S7 Edge has a good stabilization and is shake-free. So, the iPhone could be a tad lower at stabilization compared to S7.
Pros of S7 and S7 Edge
- Water Resistant
- Higher Storage Capacity
- The state-of-the-art hardware components syncs with the battery
Cons of S7 and S7 Edge
- The Curved design annoys the users while using the camera
- It’s expensive
- No USB Type-C
Pros of iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
- High Quality images via rear camera
- 3D Touch
- Better Processing Speed
Cons of iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
- Poor Battery Backup
- Also Expensive
- No design changes
Verdict: As hard as it is, looking into detailed specs, the winner is the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. Why? Better battery, bigger Storage, and higher RAM capacity, water resistant, and improved OLED panels. Although both flagships are expensive, Samung’s Galaxy edition has more to offer and is reasonable in pricing compared to Apple’s iPhone.
Also Read: LG, Samsung & HTC Android N Release Dates
For more technology news, you can subscribe to our newsletter. If you are a social media junkie and would like to receive updates on your timeline, then you can also like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.