A video has recently surfaced showing what appears to be an ISIS terrorist claiming responsibility for the explosion that recently occurred at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester. So far, the death toll has reached 19.
“This is only the beginning,” a man who had covered his entire face as saying in a new video that TKM News uploaded on Facebook. However, Morning News USA cannot verify the authenticity of the video. It is also not clear if the man is identifying himself as an ISIS terrorist. However, it appears that the man is claiming responsibility for the terror attack in behalf of ISIS.
Ariana Grande was holding a concert in northern England on late Monday when an explosion suddenly rocked the venue. There was panic in the crowd following the explosion. Raw videos from the event showed people screaming as they tried to run out of the concert area. According to a report from The Associated Press, witnesses said they heard two loud bangs coming from near the arena’s bars at approximately 10:35 PM. “The bang echoed around the foyer of the arena and people started to run,” 17-year old Jones recalled.
“A huge bomb-like bang went off that hugely panicked everyone and we were all trying to flee the arena,” 22-year old Majid Khan also told Britain’s Press Association. “It was one bang and essentially everyone from the other side of the arena where the bang was heard from suddenly came running towards us as they were trying to exit.”
19 Confirmed Dead, 50 Injured
Moments after the incident, the Greater Manchester Police confirmed that as many as 19 people have died. Meanwhile, around 50 people were injured by the explosion as well. There were a number of emergency vehicles who responded to the scene. There were also a number of bomb disposal units in the area.
Following the explosion, police had advised the public to avoid the area around the Machester Arena. They also decided to evacuate Victoria Station, the train station located near the arena. Moreover, all the trains have also been canceled. British Prime Minister Theresa May has said the government is now working on getting “the full details of what is being treated by the police as an appalling terrorist attack.”
Meanwhile, singer Ariana Grande is unharmed in the incident. A spokesperson for the singer said Grande is reportedly “okay.”
Police are responding to Manchester Arena where 2 explosions were heard. Ariana Grande had just finished performing. pic.twitter.com/ylO2caJAW6
— Steve Hirsch (@Stevenwhirsch99) May 22, 2017
— Tennessee (@TEN_GOP) May 22, 2017
— DISCONNECT OUT NOW (@GreatSongsOnly) May 22, 2017
— alex (@butterywig101) May 22, 2017