Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 is out now and it’s bigger and better than any of the previous Pac-Man games yet!
It’s true that one should not mess with classic games such as Pac-Man. But Namco has found a way to incorporate soul of the age-old game into the latest Pac-Man CE franchise, which has stood the test of time, being developed from the original arcade version, and continues to thrill even the Xbox generation today.
People who have played the Pac-Man CE first edition and the DX edition would know that in order to spice thing up, the entire structure of the game was revamped to imitate that of the racing games, where instead of the goal being to reach the next level, it is to munch on as many dots as possible non-stop in a variety of layouts within a fixed time limit.
Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 steps it up with an array of new features. Here are some ways in which the latest edition differs from the Edition 1 and DX:
Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 Features
- A Gauge appears on the bottom of the screen which fills up as your Pac-Man continues to gobble one dot after the next. Once it fills to the brim, a fruit appears somewhere on the layout, meant to be consumed. As soon as the fruit it eaten the layout changes to a new one, reports The Verge.
- The Gauge may sometimes reward you with a power pellet. But the appearance of a fruit has been replaced with one of the ghosts turning blue. Only blue ghosts can be directly eaten.
- Unlike Pac-Man Championship DX, your Pac-Man cannot turn around and eat the train of ghosts that follow you. Instead, the leader of the ghost train has to be chased down first.
- Bumping into an enemy ghost does not kill you. They don’t seem to be bothered unless you happen to pass them too often.
- There are “Boss Battles” which takes place on a stricter time crunch and one has to battle giant ghosts to win, reports Destructoid.
All in all, there are a lot of new elements added to the Pac-Man Championship Edition 2, that keeps you on your toes while playing this fast-paced game. Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 Released on 13th September.
For the latest ‘Pac-Man’ News please stay tuned in to this site.