NBA 2K17 has released worldwide and gamers are buzzing about a host of new features. Here, we reveal details of the all-new custom jump shot creator for your MyPlayer.
To the naked eye, the game isn’t a massive upgrade from NBA 2K16. However, there are many subtle changes which will be identified by those who’ve been playing the game series for over a decade.
Until 2k16, your MyPlayer could use up Virtual Currency (VC) to buy patented jump shots of Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry, Larry Bird and other great shooters in NBA history.
However, there was never an option to create your ow patented jump shot.
— Jaceri 2K 2K17 (@Jaceri2K) September 18, 2016
NBA 2K17: How to unlock jumpshot creator?
Here’s a step-by-step guide to unlocking the custom jump shot creator:
- Get through at least 20 games of your first season in MyCareer until you receive a message from Coach Mike Krzyzewski (Coach K).
- There is no exact date for when Coach K would send the message. The trick is to constantly check your phone.
- Coach K’s message would simply ask your MyPlayer if he wishes to participate in a quick meeting.
- Acknowledge Coach K’s message and accept the offer.
- After the quick meeting with the legendary college and Team USA coach, your MyPlayer will receive another text message, this one from your agent.
- The agent informs you that you have unlocked the NBA 2K17 “Custom Jumpshot Creator”.
Once you’ve unlocked the feature, you can either tweak your existing jump shot or simply design a new one.
You can decide everything from point of release, quickness of release, vertical, etc. Many of these attributes can vary depending on the nature of your player. If he’s a sharpshooter, you are likely to create a more potent jump shot.
The only downside? The custom jump shot can only be used for your MyPlayer in MyCareer. You can’t use the same for other modes in the game.
Stay tuned for the latest on NBA 2K17.