Malaysia Airlines or MAS should release a full report on time for the March 7 anniversary of Flight MH370, the next of kin demanded.
The grieving relatives felt that MAS had grown deaf to their cry for truth that they planned to stage a protest during the Chinese New Year.
Protest On Chinese New Year
“We are looking at staging a movement on February 18 and 19, in conjunction with the upcoming Chinese New Year celebrations, but matters as such are still under discussions along with the families from other nationalities,” Kelly Wen, one of the grieving family members told The Malaysian Insider.
Wen said that she, together with the rest of the families, is determined to celebrate Chinese New Year at the headquarters of MAS. The family had since been trying to speak with MAS Group CEO Ahmad Jauhari Yahya when they arrived to Malaysia on Wednesday, January 11. However, all attempts for a dialogue had been futile.
MH370 Passengers Presumed Dead
Wen said the families are finding it difficult to accept that Flight Mh370 together with their loved ones was declared officially lost due to an accident. “Their replies merely addressed and did not fulfill the demands and doubts we had presented in the letter,” she said.
On January 30, the Malaysian government announced that all 239 passengers and crew on board Flight MH370 are presumed dead. The announcement was headed by the Department of Civil Aviation director-general Azharuddin Abdul Rahman. Malaysia said the presumption of death was in accordance with annexes 12 and 13 in the International Civil Aviation.
“We officially declare Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 an accident… and that all 239 of the passengers and crew onboard MH370 are presumed to have lost their lives,” Azharuddin said in a statement.