If you have been waiting for a new Kindle then here it is. Jeff Bezos, via his official Twitter account, announced this new e-reader, the Kindle Oasis. So, what does this new reader look like? Should you pre-order it today?
As per Amazon’s description of Kindle Oasis, this e-reader is thinnest as well as the lightest Kindle ever. The device comes with 330 ppi display with crisp and laser quality text which allows you to read as if you are reading real paper. Amazon also claims that while reading on Oasis, users won’t face glares even when under direct sunlight. You now don’t even have to worry about the battery life as Kindle Oasis has the longest battery life.
The product is listed on the site along with the leather charging cover which further boosts the battery life allowing it to last for months. Though the device will release on April 27, “some configurations will ship after April 27th” due to popular demand, says Amazon. The product is priced at $289.99 and will be shipped free. If you are planning to pre-order Kindle Oasis, here are the technical details for you, as listed on Amazon:
- Display: Amazon’s 6″ Paperwhite display technology with E Ink Carta and built-in light
- Cloud Storage: Free for Amzon Content
- On Device Storage: 4 GB
- Size: 143 mm x 122 mm x 3.4-8.5 mm
- Supported Formats: Kindle Format 8 (AZW3), Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively; HTML, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP through conversion
- Warranty and Service: 1-year limited warranty and service included. Optional 1-year, 2-year, or 3-year Extended Warranty (Sold seperately for U.S. customers)
- Requiremements: None
If you are a Kindle fan, this new device with a paper feel is a must try. Right now, the only downside to this product is its high price tag. People may just stick to their old Kindle devices then shed so much money on a new one when all they have to do is download and read books.