The much-anticipated iOS 10 is finally here and has brought with an onslaught of new features that is set to blow any iPhone user’s mind!
After people scrambling head over heels to pre-order iPhone 7 and iPhone Plus, Apple has decided to put a cherry on top of the icing by doling out the iOS 10 update, something that tech lovers were demanding for months.
True to their word, Apple has truly nailed the 3Ps this time – making the latest iOS version personal, powerful and playful, all at the same time.
iOS 10 Features
Some of the biggest upgrades and changes are:
- Apple Maps has been boosted and an app that was lagging far behind that of Google’s has bucked up and integrated itself to frequently used third-party apps such as Uber and OpenTable. So now one can use the Apple map to find good restaurants and cafes on the go and book reservations at the same time.
- Stocks App can now be deleted! Until now, the Stocks App was like an appendix for most people, an organ you are pointlessly being forced to live with. Finally, one can get rid of that app along with all its cached data to free up space in the memory, reports HighSnobiety.
- Animations, GIFs, Stickers, Video Sketches, and brand new Emojis – you name it, iMessengers has got it. Now, it no longer pales in comparison to Facebook Messenger or WeChat!
- Instant access to the camera of your iPhone is now possible! Just swipe to the left and you will forego the extra step of having to unlock your screen while trying to take a snap.
- An all new Bedtime App not only wakes you up on time but also gets you to bed on time! So you can say goodbye to late night binge watching of your favorite TV series!
iOS 10 Problems
However, one can use these amazing features if one can get the iOS 10 update installed on their iPhone which has turned out to be quite problematic for a number of users.
Apple users took to the social media to complain about the fact that as soon as they tried installing the latest update, an error message popped up informing them that their operating system had frozen and that they need to hook up their device to a PC or Mac to restore their OS properly.
However, an Apple spokesperson spoke to The Verge and stated that “We experienced a brief issue with the software update process, affecting a small number of users during the first hour of availability. The problem was quickly resolved and we apologize to those customers.”
This means one should be able to successfully download iOS 10 now, without running into any major issues.
For the latest iOS 10 News please stay tuned in to this site.