Roman “Chocolatito” Gonzalez is ready to face Carlos Cuadras on Sept. 10 in California for the World Boxing Council super flyweight title. While he respects his opponent a lot, Chocolatito said that he is determined to silence Cuadras with a scintillating win in their title showdown.
Gonzalez said that Cuadras talks a lot. While most fighters will take it in a negative way, Chocolatito said that he is not distracted, saying that he will just let his fist do the talking next month.
“Cuadras talks a lot, but I don’t take it personally,” Gonzalez said via BoxingScene. “If that’s what he has to do to pump himself up, it’s no problem for me. I’ll be ready to fight on September 10th.”
Gonzalez, who holds a perfect 45-0-0 record with 38 knockout victories, is considered the best pound-for-pound boxer in the world today. The Nicaraguan superstar is coming off a unanimous decision win over McWilliams Arroyo in their title fight in April.
The former WBC flyweight world champion is looking forward to the showdown. The 29-year-old is determined to win his fourth world title. While he is not underestimating Cuadras, Gonzalez is already excited to hold the WBC super flyweight belt proudly.
“Winning a fourth world crown will be just great for my country, my family, and all the people who believe in me,” Gonzalez said of winning a world title in the super flyweight division via World Boxing News. “I believe we will get the triumph.”
Also Read: Adrien Broner Wants Shot At Manny Pacquiao
Like Gonzalez, Cuadras is also undefeated, boasting 35-0-1 record with 27 knockouts. The Mexican will be making the seventh defense of his title, which he won in 2014 when he defeated Wisaksil Wangnek.
The 28-year-old Sinaloa, Mexico native won against Richie Mepranum in April. Before beating Mepranum, Chocolatito won against Luis Concepcion, Dixon Flores and Koki Eto last year. His next defense will be an acid test for him, as he has not faced an undefeated fighter since October 2009.