Xiaomi Mi 5 Vs Samsung Galaxy S7: Comparison Based On Benchmark Scores
Xiaomi took sincere efforts to build the Mi 5 into a powerful smartphone. Does the much-hyped Mi 5 live up to your expectations? We compare the handset against the recently released Samsung Galaxy S7 based on benchmark scores.Advertisement
Being priced at almost half the Galaxy S7, the Mi 5 shows impressive benchmark scores, although lagging behind the Galaxy S7 by a few points in some categories. Here, have a read:
- Based upon GeekBench single-core and multi-core testing, the Mi5 raked 1903 and 4637 respectively. The Galaxy S7, on the other hand, scored 2086 and 5920 on single-core and multi-core test respectively. The reason why Mi 5 is lesser in points is because of lesser clock speed and due to its four cores against Exonys’ eight cores.
- On 3D Mark Sling Shot, Galaxy S7 beats Mi 5 with 2124 scores, with the latter scoring 2072.
- AnTuTu testing also revealed that the Mi 5 is behind the Galaxy S7 edge and Apple iPhone 6s. However, Mi5’s scores showed that it could give a tough competition to the Galaxy S7.
- As for the processor, the Mi 5 runs on Snapdragon 820 set at a maximum clock speed of 1.8GHz and Adreno 530 graphics processor. Owing to the new graphics card, the Mi 5 claims to be 40 percent faster than its predecessor that had previous generation Adreno GPU.
The Galaxy S7, on the other hand, is equipped with Exynos 8890 octa-core processor clubbed with Adreno 530 GPU. The variant is boosted with 4GB of RAM and comes with a microSD card slot. Apart from this, the phone runs TouchWiz UI, which is based upon Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- Among other few things, the Mi 5 has minimum heating problem that was often seen with the last generation Snapdragon 810 processor. However, now it appears that with Snapdragon 820, the issue has been solved, reports BGR.
Stay tuned for more news on other tests such as battery life and day-to-day usage of the two phones, the Xioami Mi 5 and the Samsung Galaxy S7.
For more technology news, you can subscribe to our newsletter. If you are a social media junkie and would like to receive updates on your timeline, then you can also like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.