Tunisia Massacre Update: UK Prime Minister Cameron Campaigns For ‘Intolerance Of Intolerance’
The Tunisian beach massacre perpetrated by extreme Islam ideologists was said to have united Britain in “shock and grief” as United Kingdom Prime Minister David Cameron issued a statement, urging the entire kingdom not to tolerate extremist Islam ideology and to remain “stronger at standing up for our values.”
In condemning the killing of 38 tourists in Sousse beach, the Prime Minister said that promoting British values of “peace, democracy, tolerance and freedom” is the only way of defeating terrorism.
“We must be more intolerant of intolerance—rejecting anyone whose views condone the Islamist extremist narrative and create the conditions for it to flourish. We must strengthen our institutions that put our values into practice: our democracy, our rule of law, the rights of minorities, our free media, our law enforcements—all things the terrorist hate,” Mr. Cameron wrote and was quoted by the Telegraph.
Suspect: A university student
Seifeddine Rezgui, the 23-year-old gunman in the killing spree, is an engineering student who was not known to adhere to extremist views, according to the police. Ali Al-Rezgui, the gunman’s uncle said the whole family is shocked at what Seifeddine was capable of because he is like any other youth — he goes to Mosque to pray and would head on to play football with friends.
The uncle narrated he last saw his nephew on Thursday and even greeted him with “hello.” He left to go to a friend’s house and the uncle had no knowledge of his exact directions. There was not even a goodbye from him, it was reported.
Yet, in a post from the Telegraph, the young Rezgui disclosed a different personality when he goes online on his Facebook account, which tells much of his ISIL views.
Though his Facebook postings were mostly about rap music, it was earlier this year when a radical thought was expressed: “May God take me out of this unjust world and perish its people and make them suffer. They just remember you when they die.”
The Queen has issued condolences to the bereaved family and said she and the Duke of Edinburgh were “shocked.”