Connect with us

Turkey Exacts Revenge On ISIS In Syria For Nightclub Attack

Turkey Exacts Revenge On ISIS In Syria For Nightclub Attack
PHOTOGRAPH: Turkey Fighter Jet | Turkey Fighter Jet Thanh / Flickr cc

World

Turkey Exacts Revenge On ISIS In Syria For Nightclub Attack

  • ISIS could be responsible for the Turkey nightclub attack
  • Russia and Turkey waged war against the Islamic state, bombed more than 100 outposts. 

ISIS has finally taken responsibility for the Turkey nightclub attack on New Year’s Eve, which shook the world. The shooter, who killed 39 people and injured several others, has been hailed by ISIS as, “a hero soldier of the caliphate”.

Authorities are still searching for the gunman, who came to the club dressed as Santa Claus.

Turkey’s Revenge

As reported by The Independent, Turkey, with Russia as the aide, fired at and bombed more than 100 ISIS targets in Syria, after the nightclub shooting. Jets were used to strike eight targets while tanks fired at more than 103 targets. The firing occurred near al-Bab stronghold.

Jets also targeted Dayr Kak, which is located about 5 miles to the Southwest of al-Bab. In this rapid retaliation, at least 22 people were killed.

Claim Made by ISIS

Also Read: ISIS Fanatics Call For New Year’s Attack In Malls, Cinemas And Hospitals

ISIS claimed responsibility for the Turkey nightclub attack, on Monday, stating the following:

“In continuation of the blessed operations that Islamic State is conducting against the protector of the cross, Turkey, a heroic soldier of the caliphate struck one of the most famous nightclubs where the Christians celebrate their apostate holiday.”

It went on to say further that the gunman transformed their celebration into mourning, although it did not mention the assailant by name.

Search for the Gunman

On Monday, authorities released two photos of the man suspected to be the gunman. These photos were taken by security cameras.

As reported by NY Times, The government’s spokesman, Numan Kurtulmus, said that they were close to identifying the gunman as they had found his fingerprints.

Talking about the attack, Kurtulmus said:

 “The fact that it was done during the first minutes of 2017 gives an important message. The message is, ‘We will go on to menace Turkey in 2017.’ And we say to them, we will break into your caves wherever you are.”

So far, eight people have been arrested and are being questioned, in relation to the Turkey nightclub attacks. Investigation is ongoing and authorities hope to name the gunman soon.

Also Read: Turkey Nightclub Attack- See Photos And Videos Of Terror At Regina Night Club

If you want to receive more world news updates, follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

About Bhaskar Deka

Bhaskar is a present-day Sherlock Holmes who sleuths a bit and write on crime and scandals. Besides, he also has a thing for stories that warms up the heart and restores faith in humanity.

More in World

Good News

MNU EXCLUSIVES

To Top