‘Train to Busan 2′ Spoilers And Rumors: Gong Yoo, Yeon Sang-Ho Confirm Sequel?
Following the success of the South Korean zombie apocalypse film, many fans have reportedly yearning for the production of Train to Busan 2.Advertisement
Have lead star Gong Yoo and director Yeon Sang-Ho confirmed the sequel to their highly-successful movie?
The latest spoilers and rumors have dished that they might have just hinted about the arrival of the sequel, and no less than Gong Yoo confirmed the much-awaited news.
“And there will be a sequel to Train to Busan. For you all,” the 37-year-old actor shared via Twitter on Monday.
However, one fan seemed questioned his post about the possibility of Train to Busan 2 because of one major observation.
“But your character died already,” a certain Marga Uy Baula commented.
Meanwhile, another follower appeared to have defended the post by pointing out that as the lead star, “he can’t just die like that,” while another suggested a possible plot for the sequel.
“How bout kid gets older and develops a cure for the zombies and then she finds her dad who didn’t age and the cure will work,” the said fan surmised about the highly-anticipated Train to Busan 2.
A report from Soompi earlier this month seemed to have validated the speculation that a part 2 to the film might be released.
“I talked about this with Director Yeon Sang Ho, and I said that I thought my character Seok Woo might be living somewhere as a zombie,” Gong Yoo narrated.
“But Director Yeon said that when Seok Woo fell off the train, he broke his neck and died,” he continued to disclose. “But I suppose since Ma Dong Seok‘s character is living on as a zombie, they could do a sequel from his character’s perspective.”
In the meantime, International Business Times reported that the movie of the Busan-born actor has already generated a total of $12,43,45,976 so far.
Would this figure enough to convince its director come up with Train to Busan 2? Keep posted.