Top US News: Milwaukee To Receive Showers, Thunderstorms On Tuesday; Sports Authority To Conduct Going Out Of Business Sales; & More

Top US News: Milwaukee To Receive Showers, Thunderstorms On Tuesday; Sports Authority To Conduct Going Out Of Business Sales; & More
Storm Clouds H. Michael Miley / Flickr CC BY-SA 2.0
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Share on LinkedIn
Pin to Pinterest
Share on StumbleUpon
What's This?

Thunderstorms, showers for Milwaukee on Tuesday


Milwaukee is expected to receive showers and thunderstorms on Tuesday, as reported by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. With temperature reaching the higher side of 70 degrees in Milwaukee, slight possibility of showers is expected to escalate to a 40 percent chance during the afternoon. The window further increases to 60 percent on Wednesday. On Monday, Milwaukee’s temperature was 76 degrees, 9 degrees higher than normal.

Sports Authority to conduct going out of business sales

Sports Authority will be conducting its going out of business sales, as reported by the Atlanta Journal Constitution. The retailer is shuttering all of its 460 stores across the United States after it filed for bankruptcy three months ago. From this week until the end of August, the store will be selling sneakers, clothing and other items at discounted prices. Sports Authority will be selling its store leases in an auction.

Like us on Facebook

National Park service celebrating its 100th anniversary

The National Park Service will be celebrating its 100th anniversary this summer, Standard Examiner reports. The park system oversees several sites including, but not limited to, battlefields, historical parks, seashores and monuments. Yellowstone is one of the national parks that the park system oversees. Yellowstone became the first national park in 1872.

Brush fire moving towards Angeles National Forest growing rapidly

A wind-driven brush fire blazed rapidly up a canyon above Lake View Terrace and into the Angeles National Forest, KTLA reports. The Angeles National Forest said the fire, which started at 2:20 p.m. on Monday, had spread to 100 acres by 4:15 p.m.

“Steep terrain and the status of the fuels in the area” have been cited as the primary causes of the blaze, according to city fire Captain Daniel Curry.

Head of TSA removed after security failures

Kelly Hoggan, the Transportation Security Administration assistant administrator, has been replaced, as reported by the New York Daily News. Hoggan received bonuses amounting to $90,000 from late 2013 until late 2014. In the subsequent year, it was found that security agents failed to catch banned weapons that were moved through checkpoints. Hoggan has been reassigned.

Also read: Top US News: Adele Victorious At 2016 Billboard Awards; 5-Year-Old Killed In Vallejo Fire, 2 Injured; & More

If you want more news, subscribe to our newsletter or follow us on Twitter and Facebook.