Star Wars Episode 8 Spoilers: Obi-Wan Kenobi Is Rey’s Father? [Watch]
Who is Rey’s father? Keep on reading as we point out how Obi-Wan Kenobi could be revealed as her dad in Star Wars: Episode 8.Advertisement
As fans continue to wonder about the focus of the upcoming installment’s plot, many have also been thinking about the real identity of Daisy Ridley’s character.
Who could really be the man responsible for her existence?
While previous reports have hinted that Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) could be identified as Rey’s father in Star Wars: Episode 8, a new update is pointing at Obi-Wan Kenobi instead.
According to Heavy, there are possible evidences that could back up this claim.
Check out the following hints about their potential connection:
- Their British accent. In the entire series, there have only been two heroes to have such accent when speaking.
- Obi-Wan’s voice was what she heard. During her vision in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Rey heard the voice of Obi-Wan from the background.
- The way she sneaks. As Rey was spotted sneaking around Starkiller Base was somehow similar with how her supposed father sneaked around the Death Star.
- Daisy Ridley reportedly said in an interview that her solitude would be an “important aspect” in Star Wars: Episode 8. As such, the report noted that this could be likened to how Obi-Wan lived in solitude on Tatooine.
- The upcoming battle. The final square off between Rey and Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) would reportedly “mirror” the ultimate match between Anakin and Obi-Wan.
In the meantime, Comic Book reported that Rey could just be The One that Luke Skywalker has been searching for.
Citing the spoilers that Stormtrooper Larry, the same source who leaked some images of the filming, it was disclosed that a part of the Star Wars: Episode 8 script has been discovered online, with a conversation of Rey and Luke Skywalker on it.
“Luke tells Rey that the Jedi Order had been searching for The One (reincarnation of the original founder of the Jedi) for a millennia,” the source said. “When they found Anakin Skywalker and thought that he would bring balance to The Force, the Jedi were “deceived” and the Clone Wars were the result.”
Apart from this, it was also shared that Star Wars: Episode 8 will finally put an end to the speculation that Luke Skywalker is Rey’s father.