Pre-Orders For ‘Tesla Model X’: Choose Your Colors, Speed And Wheel Size
Car lovers who want to have a slice of the Tesla Model X received good news on Tuesday. After opening the pre-selling phase, first customers who booked a unit can now choose the colors of their Model X, what sizes of wheels they want and how fast they want the crossover utility vehicle to be.
The much-awaited Tesla Model X can now be reserved, although this is not visible on their website, according to Bloomberg.
The Model X Signature series, the first few units to be produced and released that contain more options for clients, is now out for early reservation. This is almost the same as how Tesla first released Model S, with 1,000 units produced as ‘Signature’ units.
The Tesla Model X Signature will have the following specs:
– 90 kWh battery life
– 204 miles range (EPA est.)
– 3.8 seconds 0-60 mph
– 259 hp front, 503 hp rear motor power
– 155 mph top speed
Signature Series options:
– Ludicrous Speed Upgrade ($10,000) – decreases the 0-60 mph time to 3.2 seconds with a quarter mile time of 11.7 seconds
– Subzero Weather package ($1,000) – heated steering wheel, washer nozzle heaters, wiper blade defrosters, 3-zone second and third row seat heaters
Standard add-ons for the Signature Series:
– Autopilot with self parking and automatic lane steering
– Ultra high fidelity sound with satellite audio
– Smart Air Suspension with GPS memory
– Premium Interior and Lighting with power liftgate
– Flat folding
– Ventilated leather seats (heating and cooling)
– Independently operable, 3-adult second row seats
– Daytime running lights
– Falcon Wing rear doors with build in sensors
– Rear accessory hitch for bike and ski carrier
– Maps and navigation with real time trffic
– Power-folding and heated side mirrors
– Free long distance travel on Tesla’s expanding Supercharger network
– 8-year infinite mile batter and drive unit warranty
– GPS enabled Homelink
– Automatic keyless entry
– Parking sensors and blind spot warning
– Automatic emergency braking
– Towing package up to 5,000 lbs ($750)
The reservation fee for a Model X Signature is $40,000, according to Inside EVs report. The reservation for the standard version is $5,000.
The excitement for the Model X will have to pave the way for the reduction in the Model S sedan production. Bloomberg reports that Elon Musk announced it may mean the original target of 55,000 units will be slimmed down to just 50,000.
The Model X will be released by the end of September.