‘Pen Pineapple Apple Pen’ Viral Video: Facts About Latest Video Craze Even Justin Bieber Loves!
The viral video entitled “Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen” has not only captured millions of social media users with its catchy tune but also one of the most followed singer in the world, Justin Bieber.Advertisement
Just recently, the “What Do You Mean” singer tweeted about the viral video, as he hinted how he is hooked with the song.
The singer tweeted, “My favorite video on the internet,” along with a couple of emojis and the YouTube link of the video.
In the video, a man clad in animal print ensemble and dressed as Japan’s fictional character DJ Piko-Taro, was singing the lyrics, “I have a pen. I have an apple. Apple-pen! I have a pen. I have [a] pineapple. Pineapple-pen! Apple-pen. Pineapple-pen. Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen.”
Here are some of the facts to know about this video which took the internet by storm.
- The “Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen” is performed by 40-year-old Japanese entertainer Kazuhiko Kosaka. When he was making the music, he said to his fans that he was “just singing it too soon.”
- The video was first uploaded to Piko-Taro’s YouTube channel has quickly picked up by a number of Facebook users as well as in 9gag.
- According to BBC, the earworm has also the formula of a viral video—“an addictive beat, silly lyrics and a hilariously simple dance routine to back it up.”
- The minute-long video meanwhile gathered a number of reactions from social media users who listened to it.
- The performer is now also dubbed as the next Psy, the Korean entertainer who popularized the song “Gentleman”
The original video has garnered over 4 million views already but with Justin Bieber’s endorsement to his millions of Twitter fans, the viral video will likely to continue its spread in the social media.