OxygenOS 3.0 Near Final Build Based on Android 6.0.1 Seeds to OnePlus 2
Good news for OnePlus users. While the manufacturer’s promise came a bit late, OxygenOS 3.0 based on Android 6.0.1 is now available. The release comes after reports of the company soak testing the said version in the previous month. Will the update be any good?Advertisement
OnePlus has now released the final “community build” for OxygenOS 3.0 ready to be flashed to devices. According to the company, it is seeking feedback from its community to fix any remaining issues on the update before the release of the official OTA.
According to NDTV, OnePlus wants user feedback on three areas: Performance, Camera and Network Testing. Moreover, the company wants feedback from users especially on the network testing account. This will allow OnePlus to check whether the update is compatible to a specific region or specific carrier. They want to hear any suggestions on the image quality and UI front.
Users must back up their data before they flash the said build. Any problems during the process can lead to memory loss or bricked phone thus the backup. The company’s forum post offers more details on how people can flash their devices.
According to 9to5Google, those who will flash their devices should be ready to deal with Wi-Fi speed issues and fingerprint re-register. As for the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow upgrade for the line, people can expect:
- New OnePlus Camera UI – cleaner UI in terms of swiping up/down. This now switches between photo/video, whereas HD/HDR and flash settings live in the top right corner.
- People can now modify the aspect ratio and toggle grid view without opening settings
- New wallpaper picker – Control preview, home screen and lock screen in just one place.
- Shelf UX has been improved – No more edit mode, long press boards to rearrange or remove
- General system performance improvements
- Benchmarked 47% faster than OxygenOS 2.2.1 on key test scenarios
Users also have the option to wait for the official release.