Oscars 2016 Road Closure Guide
In less than two weeks, people will get to see Chris Rock hosting an annual American awards ceremony, the Oscars 2016, at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, California.Advertisement
As the Oscars 2016 big night is fast approaching, movie critics and moviegoers alike find themselves in a guessing game for the artists who are about to bring home Academy statuettes on February 28.
According to Oscars, “To ensure public safety, bare to all the strategies and facilitate the production of Oscars 2016, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and the City of Los Angeles have agreed on a finish and definitive version of the street closure plans around the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center in Hollywood.”
At 10 p.m. on Sunday, February 21, the Hollywood Boulevard will be shut down between Highland Avenue and Orange Drive, accommodating massive fans, press, and pre-show stages along the Oscars red carpet. The place will be closed until 6 a.m. Tuesday, March 1.
On Saturday, February 27 until 6 a.m. Monday, February 29, MTA subway trains detour the Hollywood & Highland station; however, the regular service schedule at the station will resume after 6 a.m. with the first scheduled train.
Also, Oscars claim that 7 days prior to the event (February 21, 2016) the road closures are as follows:
1. The south sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard from Orange Drive to Highland Avenue will be closed from 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. on March 1, 2016.
2. All lanes of Hollywood Boulevard from the southeast corner of Orange Drive to Highland Avenue will be shut down from 10:00 p.m.to 6:00 a.m. on March 1, 2016.
3. North sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard in front of the Dolby Theatre portal will be closed from 10:00 p.m.to 6:00 a.m. March 1, 2016.
4. Shutting down the balance of north sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard from Highland Avenue to Orange Drive allowing 8-foot pedestrian access from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. on March 1, 2016.
5. The pedestrian crosswalk, mid-block on Hollywood Boulevard between Orange Drive and Highland Avenue, temporarily close from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. on March 1, 2016.