Nine-year-old Girl Pregnant After Rape Of Ten ISIS Members

Nine-year-old Girl Pregnant After Rape Of Ten ISIS Members
Image from Flickr by European Commission
15922769415 6f007f26ab z Nine year old Girl Pregnant After Rape Of Ten ISIS Members
Image from Flickr by European Commission

A 9-year-old girl who is among 200 captives released last week by the terrorist group ISIS is pregnant. Aid workers said the girl is so young that the pregnancy could kill her.


Pregnant 9-year-old is just one among many women raped and enslaved by ISIS

The 9-year-old girl, now under the custody of aid workers, is the youngest of all women raped, tortured and forcibly married by ISIS members.

“This girl is so young she could die if she delivers a baby. Even a caesarian section is dangerous. The abuse she has suffered left her mentally and physically traumatized,” Yousif Daoud, a Canadian-based aid worker, told The Star.

Daoud said the girl “was sexually abused by no fewer than 10 men. Most of them were front-line fighters or suicide bombers who are given girls as a reward. She was in very bad shape.”

Like us on Facebook

The girl has now been taken to Germany where she is being taken care of and can hopefully recover from the traumatizing ordeal.

Daoud said ISIS could have returned the girls to bring shame to their families.

“Sending back those girls and women is a way of shaming the whole community,” he said.

Daoud said another disturbing issue is that the women impregnated by ISIS are expressing strong objections against the babies inside their wombs.

“I don’t know what the future would be for their babies. The girls and women don’t want them. They have suffered so much they just want to forget. If they are married, their husbands won’t take them back if they are pregnant. And it’s clear that the babies will never be accepted,” Daoud said.

ISIS destroys ancient Nimrud archaeological site

ISIS, meanwhile, remains unstoppable. On Sunday, the group released a video showing the destruction of the ancient Nimrud archaeological site.

UNESCO director general Irina Bokova condemned the barbaric act, saying it constitutes war crime.

“I condemn in the strongest possible manner the destruction of the archaeological site of Nimrud site in Iraq. This is yet another attack against the Iraqi people, reminding us that nothing is safe from the cultural cleansing underway in the country; it targets human lives, minorities, and is marked by the systematic destruction of humanity’s ancient heritage,” Bokova said in a statement.

“We cannot remain silent. The deliberate destruction of cultural heritage constitutes a war crime. I call on all political and religious leaders in the region to stand up and remind everyone that there is absolutely no political or religious justification for the destruction of humanity’s cultural heritage.”

Also read: Pope Francis Angered Turkey Over Armenian Genocide Remark

You might be interested: Royal Baby Number 2 Announcement Maybe Delayed