Connect with us

New Orleans Shooting Suspect: Manhunt Underway, 11 Arrested So Far

New Orleans Shooting Suspect: Manhunt Underway, 11 Arrested So Far
Bourbon Street – New Orleans in the Early Morning Eric Gross / Flickr cc

Nation

New Orleans Shooting Suspect: Manhunt Underway, 11 Arrested So Far

The NOPD is currently looking for two suspects believed to be involved in the New Orleans shooting at Bourbon Street on Sunday.

Police believe the shooters knew each other. NOPD Superintendent Michael Harrison said that the suspects had an argument, after which they took out guns and shot at each other. The injured people were bystanders, not intended targets. As reported by Nola, there were ten victims: two males and eight females. The victims are expected to make full recoveries in the hospital.

One male died while others sustained injuries. Demontris Toliver, the victim, was a 25-year-old Baton Rouge tattoo artist who was in town to celebrate his birthday.

Police Investigation

Police officers patrolling the area responded immediately. They immediately arrested two people in possession of illegal firearms. However, neither of them are believed to be the suspects.

Also Read: Kentucky Louisville Shooting- Was Mayor The Target?

On Sunday evening, 11 people were arrested for carrying illegal firearms, the NOPD News reported. Meanwhile, the FBI, ATF and Louisiana State Police are investigating the incident.

The Suspects

The suspects fled on foot and have not yet been identified. Also, a manhunt is underway. So far, authorities still haven’t released names or pictures of the suspects. Harrison said in a press conference that they have “strong information” to solve the case. He also said that they are already pursuing every lead.

Harrison has urged anyone to come forward with useful information. Also, Mayor Mitch Landrieu has asked the public for help, adding that they are going to do their best to capture the suspects.

“We had a robust presence of police officers. EMS was actually on the scene less than half a block away when the incident happened. We’re going to pursue these individuals very, very aggressively,” Landrieu said, as reported by the WDSU.

Also Read: Philando Castile Shooting Update – Officer Jeronimo Yanez Charged With Manslaughter

Liked this story? Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more updates on America.

Comments

More in Nation

To Top