Connect with us

Miss Germany Disses Miss Philippines Over Miss Universe 2015 Mishap

Miss Germany Disses Miss Philippines Over Miss Universe 2015 Mishap
Image from Miss Universe / YouTube

Entertainment

Miss Germany Disses Miss Philippines Over Miss Universe 2015 Mishap

Miss Germany, Sarah-Lorraine Riek, has claimed that no one among the contestants of Miss Universe 2015 voted for Miss Philippines, Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach.

Miss Germany, Sarah-Lorraine Riek, has claimed that no one among the contestants of Miss Universe 2015 voted for Miss Philippines, Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach. She said she was upset and believed Miss Colombia was robbed off the crown.

Miss Universe 2015 host Steve Harvey made the event the most awkward experience ever on TV. He mistakenly announced that Miss Colombia won. He then apologized onstage and declared Miss Philippines as the real winner.

Elsewhere, people sympathized to both ladies. They were robbed of their moment. But Miss Germany begged to differ. For her, Miss Colombia deserved to win.

“I couldn’t believe it. I was so upset because, for me, she was robbed… I was very happy for Colombia, actually. She really deserved it. But I’m very unhappy with the result and so were the other girls, I’m very sorry to say it,” Riek said in a video posted on the Missosology Facebook Page.

Natalia Cruz of Missosology asked why the other contestants, including Riek, flocked with Miss Colombia after the contest. Her response was equally controversial: “because no one of us voted for Philippines. I’m sorry to say that.” When probed for more, Miss Germany refused to elaborate.

The final result for Miss Universe 2015 was not actually determined by votes coming from the contestants. The four judges were accounted for 80 percent of the total 100 percent of the vote while viewers were accounted for the remaining 20 percent through real-time voting.

Miss Germany, 23, is a veteran to beauty pageants back home. She has already won titles including Miss Bavaria, Miss Internet at the Miss Deutschland 2012 and competed for the Miss Exclusive of the World. She was described as one of “the most down-to-earth people you will ever know” on Miss Universe website contestants profile. Her profile also said that she is a woman from a diverse background. She is a model by profession but also a student aspiring to be a lawyer.

Asked whom she believed is the rightful winner for the Miss Universe 2015, Riek said it was Miss France. Nevertheless, she hoped that Miss Philippines would have a wonderful reign. Incidentally, Wurtzbach was born to a German father.

About Athena Yenko

Athena is interested about four of the world powers namely U.S., China, Russia and Iran and how they impact the world. She is also interested about the British Monarchy and the ISIS. She had been covering wide variety of issues surrounding nuclear proliferation, military weapons and world crisis. Follow her and be updated about the South China Sea dispute and U.S.-China-Russia close calls or simply whether a new Royal Baby is already on the way.

More in Entertainment

Good News

MNU EXCLUSIVES

To Top