Milwaukee Sunday Horror Ends In Suspect’s Suicide

Milwaukee Sunday Horror Ends In Suspect’s Suicide
Gun Play, Arkansas Rod Waddington / Flickr CC BY-SA 2.0
Be First to Share ->
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Share on LinkedIn
Pin to Pinterest
Share on StumbleUpon
What's This?
6894919148 962d1e2bee z Milwaukee Sunday Horror Ends In Suspect’s Suicide
Gun Play, Arkansas Rod Waddington/Flickr CC by 2.0

Suspect Ricky Ricardo Chiles III killed himself in a hotel in Lyons, Illinois after being served an arrest warrant by police. Chiles was being arrested for shooting van driver Archie Brown Jr. after the latter accidentally ran and killed Chiles’ 2-year-old nephew, Damani Terry, on Sunday.


Chiles had also accidentally shot his 15-year-old nephew, Rasheed Chiles, who was trying to help the 2-year-old after being hit by Brown’s van.

The whole incident happened while the family was celebrating a birthday party on Sunday afternoon.

Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn said that an arrest warrant was executed after Chiles was spotted staying in a hotel with his girlfriend. Chicago police and U.S. marshals went to the motel and handed Chiles the arrest warrant. Flynn told WISN that Chiles killed himself as police approached him.

Like us on Facebook

Sunday Horror as car accident led to fatal shooting and ended with suspect’s suicide

On Sunday, as family and relatives of Chiles were celebrating a birthday party, 2-year-old Damani Terry attempted to cross the street to join other kids his age. At this point, Brown’s van passed and hit the toddler. According to witnesses, Brown stopped the van and got out of the vehicle to help the child. Damani Terry’s brother, Rasheed, also ran to help the child. This was when Chiles came from nowhere and fired at Brown. One of the bullets struck Rasheed, who died upon arrival at the hospital.

Worst day for Grandmother and mother

Lean Tidwell, grandmother of Damani and Rasheed and Chiles’ mother, said Sunday was the worst day she ever lived in her whole entire life.

“It’s a day I wish had never, never came,” Tidwell told WISN.

Tidwell said she was inside their home and was eating cake and ice cream when she heard the commotion.

“I heard people screaming. I didn’t know my grandbaby got hit, and then I heard people just screaming. Then I just heard gunshots, and my daughter ran in the house with the baby in her arms,” Tidwell recalled.

She recalled that Rasheed told her he was shot but that he did not bleed.

“After that, Rasheed ran in the house. He say, ‘Grandma, I got shot,’ and I didn’t see no blood, and I said, ‘Boy, you ain’t shot, you OK.’ And he ran back outside and when he ran down the stairs, he just fell on the ground, and I ran out there, and I said, ‘Rasheed, what’s wrong?’ and I turned him over, and I seen blood trickling, coming out of his shirt,” Tidwell painfully recalled.

At the time of Tidwell’s interview with WISN, Chiles was missing and was trying to evade police.

Tidwell’s heart ached for his 27-year-old son.

“The only thing I want to say to Ricky is ‘Do the right thing. If you was involved in that, do the right thing, just give yourself up.’”

Also read: Tulsa Shooting: Conspiracy, Sugar Daddy Scandal  Shroud Sheriff’s Office

You might be interested: Royal baby Number 2: Parking Hints and Memorabilia