Microsoft Rolls Out Windows 10 (Version 1511) Servicing Stack Update
Microsoft has rolled out a new automatic update, called KB3140741, for Windows 10 Version 1511 on March 22. Elaborate details about the update are not yet revealed, but reports suggest that the update is specifically meant for servicing stack. To enjoy the update, users won’t have to reboot their machines since the update will happen automatically.Advertisement
The servicing stack feature of the Windows OS includes resources and files that support a Windows image. All Windows installations include servicing stack that entail the Package Manager executable, servicing libraries and others. Updating servicing stack from time to time helps enhance quality and performance of Windows images, according to Microsoft.
It was published on Microsoft’s support site, “The update makes stability improvements for Windows 10 Version 1511 servicing track. If you are installing a servicing stack update package for the first time, the package for the X86 version is 5 MB and the package for the X64 version is 11MB.”
It should, however, be noted that this is not a cumulative update for Windows 10, so it won’t have a new version number and will automatically load onto your computers once the servicing stack update is installed, reports Winbeta.
Right now, the update is not mentioned on Microsoft’s Windows 10 update history page, but you can keep checking the space for any future changes. Read on to know how to get the update and the related information.
- The update will download and install automatically without having to reboot your machine.
- Visit the Microsoft Update Catalog website, to enjoy the standalone package for this update.
- There are no prerequisites to be followed for installing the update.
- Once the update takes place, you do not have to restart your PC.
- The new update automatically replaces the previously released update 3139907. You can click here to learn more about the update.
For more technology news, you can subscribe to our newsletter. If you are a social media junkie and would like to receive updates on your timeline, then you can also like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.