Connect with us

Jared Fogle Update: Ex Subway Spokesperson Sentenced To Almost 16 Years In Prison

Jared Fogle Update: Ex Subway Spokesperson Sentenced To Almost 16 Years In Prison
Jared Fogle, the spokesman of Subway restaurants speaks to Marines at Wounded Warrior Battalion-East on Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune Dec. 7. He has visited multiple military installations around the world. (Official U.S. Marine Corps Photo by Pfc. Jackeline M. Perez Rivera) Pfc. Jackeline M. Perez Rivera / Wikimedia Commons

People

Jared Fogle Update: Ex Subway Spokesperson Sentenced To Almost 16 Years In Prison

This is the latest Jared Fogle update after he was charged last August 19. The said sentencing took place at a federal court in Indianapolis.

Jared Fogle Update: According to the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Southern District of Indiana, former Subway spokesperson Jared Fogle has received sentencing for distributing and receiving child pornography as well as traveling in interstate commerce in order to engage in unlawful commercial sex acts with minors.

For these charges, Fogle, 38, has been sentenced to 188 months or 15 1/2 years in federal prison. This is the latest Jared Fogle update after he was charged last August 19. The said sentencing took place at a federal court in Indianapolis and was presided by U.S. District Judge Tanya Walton Pratt.

According to United States Attorney Josh J. Minkler, it was right of Judge Pratt to reject Fogle’s plea for a five year sentence. Furthermore, he had a clear message for those involved in child exploitation. “If you engage in this conduct, you will be investigated, identified, and prosecuted, and you will go to prison,” Minkler stated.

According to the court documents, Fogle has been involved in child exploitation since March 2001 when he had been viewing child pornography materials that has been given to him by his co-conspirator, Russell Taylor. Meanwhile, in November 2012, Fogle also made trips to New York City in order to engage in commercial sex with a 17 year old girl in a hotel. Afterwards, he also offered the said girl a fee in exchange for finding other underage girls who would engage in sexual relations with Fogle.

The case against Fogle was made possible by a joint federal, state and local investigation involving Indiana State Police, Indianapolis Police Department, Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Indiana Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force, with the assistance of the Marion County Prosecutor’s Office.

With this latest Jared Fogle update, Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter said he hopes that this encourages “past or current victims of unreported sex crimes to seek help from law enforcement.” Fogle has agreed to pay $1.4 million in restitution to his 14 victims, 8 of whom are still minors. He will also forfeit assets worth $50,000.

About Jennifer Ong

Jennifer Ong has been covering and writing stories since 1998. Over the years, she has worked on stories on business, health, lifestyle, entertainment and travel. She has also previously written shows for television. When she's not on the job, she enjoys wine and Formula 1.

More in People

Good News

MNU EXCLUSIVES

To Top