Connect with us

Hillary Clinton Benghazi Scandal: US State Department In Conspiracy To Hide Emails, Report

Hillary Clinton Benghazi Scandal: US State Department In Conspiracy To Hide Emails, Report
Obama and Clinton at Transfer of Remains Ceremony for Benghazi attack victims Sep 14, 2012 U.S. Department of State from United States / Wikimedia Commons Public Domain

Conspiracy Theories

Hillary Clinton Benghazi Scandal: US State Department In Conspiracy To Hide Emails, Report

On Thursday, a U.S. judge ordered the State Department to release email exchanges between Hillary Clinton and the White House within the week of the 2012 attack in Benghazi, Libya.

The State Department has been ordered to release the emails by September 13, 2016. Thousands of additional emails have already been uncovered by federal investigators.

According to conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch, two Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuits were filed, as the State Department releases additional emails from the former Secretary of State’s non-state.gov email system starting September 30.

ALSO READ: Julian Assange On Hillary’s Benghazi Consulate Plan – Mid-point For Gun Running Operations?

In response to a request by the conservative watchdog group, Judge William Dimitrouleas of the U.S. District Court in southern Florida made the order to request for the State Department for Clinton-era records under freedom of information laws.

The State Department confessed it has discovered Benghazi-related documents during a court filing this week. They said they came across the documents among the 14,900 Clinton emails and attachments uncovered by the FBI. These are the same documents the former First Lady deleted and withheld from the State Department.

It has been reported earlier that Clinton used an unauthorized private email system, which ran from a server in the basement of her home. She was using it while Secretary of State from 2009 to 2013, and hence was criticized for that. However, Clinton said using this private email system was a wrong decision, and that she regrets it, according to the Huffington Post.

In response to the FOIA lawsuits, the State Department said, “State would make its first production of any non-exempt responsive records subject to FOIA on September 30, 2016, and complete production no later than October 31, 2016.”

During September 11, 2012, Islamic militants ambushed the American diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya. During the attack, U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and U.S. Foreign Service Information Management Officer Sean Smith were killed.

A mile away from the diplomatic compound, there was another area were a second assault took place. The attack killed CIA contractors Tyrone S. Woods and Glen Doherty. Ten others were wounded in the attacks.

ALSO READ: Document On Call Between US Pres Obama And Hillary On The Night Of Benghazi Attack Released, Pertinent Details Withheld By State Dep’t

If you want more US news, subscribe to our newsletter or follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

About Budhaditya Bhattacharjee

Budhaditya Bhattacharjee is interested in international politics and has the nose for crime stories. He is also avidly fascinated by conspiracy theories related to aliens, espionage and politics.Follow Budhaditya’s stories to stay informed about the complicated international political relations and in the loop with the most engaging conspiracy theories.

More in Conspiracy Theories

Good News

MNU EXCLUSIVES

To Top