Full Story Ohio Shooting: Photos & Names Of Victims Revealed
Eight people, all from one family, were found dead Friday in rural southern Ohio community. All adults, including a 16-year-old family member, were found to have bullet wounds in the head. Children family members, including a 4-day-old infant, 6-month-old and a 3-year-old toddler were found alive.Advertisement
Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine and Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader identified the victims as Hannah Gilley, 20; Christopher Rhoden Sr., 40; Christopher Rhode Jr., 16; Clarence “Frankie” Rhoden, 20; Dana Rhoden, 37; Gary Rhoden, 38; Hanna Rhoden, 19 and Kenneth Rhoden, 44.
Christopher Rhode Jr.
Clarence “Frankie” Rhoden
Hanna May Rhoden
Investigators have not identified the possible motive behind the killings which they described as “execution style.” The only confirmation they can give was that all people dead belong to a well known family in the town, the Rhoden Family.
On Friday, 911 received a call about an incident occurring at a home just off Ohio 32. The home is registered to someone named Christopher Rhoden.
Responding officials found two dead bodies at the house. As they went on with their investigation, neighbors called them to check on other houses at 4199 and 3122 Union Hill Road. Five more bodies were found.
The 16-year-old victim was found at another house on Left Fork Road.
Pastor Phil Futon, of Union Hill Church, identified one of the dead as Dana Manley Rhoden, 37-year-old and ex-wife of Christopher Rhoden, USA Today reported. Leonard Manley, father of Dana, said it was one of her daughters who discovered their sister was dead.
The unprecedented tragedy in the town quickly spawned rumors of the whole family committing suicide. Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine, however, dismissed this speculation. Along with Pike Country Sheriff Charles Reader, he is more leaning towards the possibility that the family’s killers or killer are still on the loose, armed and dangerous.
“Obviously we have one person who is armed and dangerous and there may be more, two or three. We don’t really know how many people we are talking about,” DeWine said in a press conference as quoted by WLWT5.
According to a separate report from USA Today, “person of interest” had already been detained for questioning in Chillicothe, Ohio. According to witnesses, police stopped a vehicle and put under their custody two people.
As of press time, 30 people have already been interviewed regarding the Ohio massacre. DeWine said there will be more people line up for interview. “We anticipate a number of other people will be interviewed. We do not know if we are talking about one individual or two or three or more,” he said.
“We’re advising family members to be very careful and take particular caution. This is a matter of public safety, especially for the Rhoden family,” DeWine added.