Five Facts About ‘Chandelier’ Singer Sia
At age 39, there seems to be no stopping Sia from contributing her talent to the music industry. With her chart-topping songs, either sung by her or written for other artists, she has successfully turned into a household name.
But fame has a price. Sia exactly doesn’t want to be famous, as she’d already announced, so fans often find her hiding from the spotlight whenever she has the chance.
Here are a few facts regarding Sia you might not know.
1. “Sia” isn’t just a screen name she uses. The name behind the powerful voice is Sia Kate Isobelle Furler.
2. She started singing in a local band called Crisp during the mid-90’s. In 1997, the band members separated ways, leaving Sia free to do whatever she wanted. She released her first solo album “OnlySee” shortly after.
3. She was diagnosed with Graves’ disease, an autoimmune disease that results to hyperthyroidism. She confirmed the news on her Twitter account, but fans needed not worry, for a few months later, she announced her condition has largely improved as soon as she underwent thyroid hormone replacement therapy.
4. Sia can write hit songs faster than a one-way train ride. According to New York Times, she wrote Rihanna’s “Diamonds” in only 14 minutes, and “Titanium” in 40 minutes.
5. It turns out, an unread email can make or break an artist. After writing “Pretty Hurts,” Sia emailed it to Katy Perry, but the “I Kissed A Girl” singer missed it. As soon as Beyoncé heard the demo, she fought hard to secure the rights of the track. Katy Perry was disappointed, but ultimately admitted that the song “was meant to be with Beyoncé, of course.”