British Teen Faces Charges Over Anzac Day Terror Plot

British Teen Faces Charges Over Anzac Day Terror Plot
ANZAC Day Bundaberg 2012 33 CC BY-SA 2.0
Be First to Share ->
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Share on LinkedIn
Pin to Pinterest
Share on StumbleUpon
What's This?

A 14-year-old British boy faces charges for plotting a terror attack during Anzac Day and for encouraging another person to behead a man in Australia. Following extensive investigation by the North West Counter Terrorism Unit, the teen was found guilty of both charges.


Items owned by Britain’s youngest known terrorist were seized by the police for investigation. Evidence found on his electronic device proved his crime.

British counter-terrorism officers will help Melbourne in the investigation process.

Deborah Walsh, the deputy head of counter-terrorism for the Crown Prosecution Service said, “Following an investigation by police in the North West Counter Terrorism Unit, we have today authorised charges for a 14 year old male of two offences of inciting terrorism overseas, contrary to section 59 of the Terrorism Act 2000.

Like us on Facebook

“The first allegation is that, between 15 and 26 March 2015, the defendant incited another person to commit an act of terrorism, namely to carry out an attack at an ANZAC parade in Australia with the aim of killing and/or causing serious injury to people. The second allegation is that on 18 March 2015, the defendant incited another person to behead someone in Australia.

“The decision to prosecute has been taken in accordance with the Code for Crown Prosecutors. We have determined that there is sufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction and that a prosecution is in the public interest.

“May I remind all concerned that the defendant has a right to a fair trial.”

The name of the school-going convict has been hidden for legal purposes. Walsh declined to disclose further information as investigation is still underway. Victoria Police Deputy Commissioner Lucinda Nolan also declined to comment on the issue.

“I certainly don’t want to comment on investigations being conducted by another police agency,” she said.

The boy was arrested three weeks ago in a separate case, and he was re-arrested last weekend for inciting the terror attack on Anzac Day.

The suspect will appear before the Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Friday, 24 April.