Brad Pitt Angelina Jolie divorce news has led the actress to cancel her upcoming movie project with her estranged husband.
The “Maleficent” actress, who is set to direct the movie “Africa” with Brad Pitt as the lead character, has stepped down from the project following the couple’s bombshell divorce that shocked the world early this week.
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have prepared for the $110 million movie “Africa” for two years, which will follow the story of Dr. Richard Leakey, a renowned conservationist and archaeologist. He was noted due to his advocacy to end to elephant poaching.
The Daily Mail said in a report that following Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie’s divorce, the actress has given the “World War Z” star the full custody of the film. The two will supposedly start on the project next year.
The report added that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, together with the production company, have been on pre-production for years now and the actress’ differences with the team has put the filming in delay since 2014.
An insider from Heat Street also dished out that though they have had their divorce, Brad Pitt still wanted to pursue “Africa” even without Angelina Jolie.
“Brad Pitt was still interested in acting in the movie — for him it was Seven Years in Tibet set in Africa and he wasn’t ready to give up on it,” the insider told. “But Angelina now doesn’t want to have any kind of relationship with him, personal or professional.”
“Africa” is supposedly the third movie the estranged couple will work together since they met in “Mr. & Mrs. Smith” in 2005.
Their second movie “By The Sea” was released last year, which followed a couple’s story on dealing with marital woes.
However, it turned out as a flop, with earning just $3.5million worldwide from its $10million budget.
Angelina Jolie filed divorce from husband Brad Pitt last September 15, after more than ten years of being together. They married in France two years ago.