Billy Bush’s controversial conversation with Donald Trump in 2005 has resulted to his being axed in “Today” show. However, the host will not leave without having a settlement.
Billy Bush is seeking a year worth of salary from NBC after the network decided to part ways with the host, following the tape scandal he was involved in with presidential candidate Donald Trump.
“You have to play hardball sometimes in this business, and Billy is ready to do just that,” a source told.
The 44-year-old “Today” host reportedly wants the one-year salary, which costs $3.5 million per year, “because of the huge inconvenience” this caused him.”
The insider added, “He is done sitting around feeling sorry for himself.”
A report from Radar Online said that Billy Bush’s lawyer Marshall Grossman defended him as he was just an NBC employee while Donald Trump was the star of “The Apprentice.”
In 2005, Billy Bush and Donald Trump had a taped conversation where the candidate was talking lewd comments on women, The Daily Mail said in a report.
Donald Trump even talked about his failed efforts of having sex with Billy Bush’ co-host Nancy O’Dell, to where Billy Bush laughed in reply. They also talked about actress and “Days of Our Lives” Arianne Zucker and how they called her a “hot piece of a**.”
“You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait,” Donald Trump said, adding that he’s being a star can let him do anything.
The Washington Post released the tape Friday last week.