Attention Commerece Experts! Twitter is now hiring
Twitter seems to be establishing a trade ground for its users. Though the company does not bring its future plans to the scene, but it has given a gesture of reporting the associated commerce details.
In this regard, Twitter aims at hiring a commerce product marketing manager, product manager and a senior manager for commerce partnerships. One of these vacancies was tweeted out by Twitter’s marketing guy.
The role of the senior manager for commerce partnerships can be stated as, “incubating our nascent commerce business as we empower our users to conduct commerce in ways consistent with our values.” Apart from being in direct dealing with Nathan Hubbard, the ex-Ticketmaster CEO.
This person will be conscientious for:
- Establish and maintain commerce partner relationships with the people who advertise
- Create a strong connection with engineering and products department to incorporate innovation in commerce
- Promote business development
- Explore opportunities for Twitter in commerce and engage in them
On the other hand, the product marketing manager links the commerce to Twitter’s website based advertising.
Twitter explains that a suitable person for this domain knows how to fuse advertisement, learning and organized marketing using his experience of development and asset marketing projects. In this regard, bringing innovative commerce experiences to the users through Twitter’s platform will be the prime objective. Moreover, preference will be proffered to the candidate who has a thorough understanding of web-based commerce and experience in commerce technology company.
Twitter’s vision and implementation of commerce plan will be done by the product manager. He will be responsible for:
- Making commerce available to traders and a good experience for the users
- Establish and trade propositions for different facets associated with the product
- Strengthen internal and external communication
- Lead multiple departments and create something appreciable for commerce clients and the users
- A product manager should have keen experience combined with scientific expertise and determination to take initiative.
But, the question is WHY IS TWITTER TWEETING THESE ADS?
It appears that Twitter is incorporating external bodies to a common ground with the notion of trading tangible and intangible assets. The working of monetary exchange in this aspect is still unknown, but the rumors are that Stripe and PayPal will play their role.
The requirement for a product marketing manager is an implication that a connection exists between the ads on Twitter and the things that are to be traded on Twitter. It would create a stronger analogy between Twitter and Facebook. In this regard, a card style post would appear in the feed (this would be promotional news). As far as the things that would be sold on twitter are considered, activities might flow as is the case of fancy.com. But, it should be noted that Twitter has options opened for other methods and assets as well.