Apple Updates iMovie; Makes The App Compatible With iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus And iPad Pro’s Features
As Apple announced iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus and iPad Pro at the Apple event, the brand has no other option than to update the devices that are already available in the market. The company is known for manufacturing products that go hand-in-hand with each other. If the company fails to update its old products as it has already launched devices with new features, they will be left with no other option than to push the old products out of the market. To avoid this, Apple is constantly releasing major updates for its existing gadgets like Watch OS 2 and iMovie.
Apple updated its iPhone video editing app, iMovie, to make it compatible with its latest devices – iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus and iPad Pro. This app can now support 4K videos and will also allow the app to edit 4K videos shot on these devices. Apart from this change, the app is now 3D Touch-friendly as well.
On iPad Pro, the app can edit up to three 4K video streams simultaneously.
Given below is a list of changes as given on MacRumors:
1. Create as well as share movies at 4K resolution (3840 x 2160) on compatible iOS devices
2. Create movies with 1080p HD video at 60 frames per second. You can also share these movies
3. Use 3D Touch on iPhone 6s as well as iPhone 6s Plus to start a new movie from the Home Screen
4. Performs as flawlessly on iPad Pro as on the desktop. It also allows you to edit multiple streams of 4K video and use shortcuts with the Smart Keyboard
5. Edit movies quickly by connecting to a keyboard and using shortcuts
7. Edit a movie without any interruption by hiding Media Browser
8. Disable Ken Burns animation on a photo
9. Redesigned Project Details view and Video view
10. Improved Inspector controls
11. Easy-to-read text labels on iPad
12. Support for Split View and Slide Over
15. Support for Hindi, Canadian French and Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong)
This updated iMovie app will be available on Apple devices as soon as they reach the market.