Motorola recently released Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update for the Moto X Play in Canada and India via OTA (over-the-air). The download size of the software is 388MB, which is an adequate size for incorporating a few required changes in features.
The company already released the Android 6.0 Marshmallow version to Moto X Play in India in January and in Canada in December. Compared to the previous 6.0 Marshmallow version, the newer 6.0.1 Marshmallow includes the latest emoji pack and is compatible with the latest March Android security patch.
Motorola already seeded the firmware to its slew of devices, while its counterpart, Samsung, is yet to release the software to its flagship models (Also read this). Following shows the list of devices that received the Android 6.0 Marshmallow:
- Moto X Play
- Moto X Style
- Moto G Turbo Edition
- Moto G (3rd Gen)
- Moto G (2nd Gen)
Wondering how to install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on the Moto X Play? Read on:
- Once the update touches your phone, you will get a notification message regarding it on the handset.
- You will select “Yes, I am in.”
- Once the update is downloaded, it will automatically install on your phone.
- Your phone will switch off then on automatically. And when the phone is on, you will find the new updated Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow software.
To update the latest software version manually, you follow these instructions:
- Go to Settings – About Phone – system updates
- Tap “Yes, I am in.”
- Downloading will start and once it’s done, select “Install now.”
- Once the installation is complete, your phone will re-start automatically and you will see the new features of the latest software, reports IBTimes.
Android Authority notes that Motorola introduced a few tweaks with this update. For instance, there are some miscellaneous stability improvements to help the device run smoothly. The main camera app can be easily installed by pressing twice on the power button and the sound of camera shutter can be adjusted.
For more technology news, you can subscribe to our newsletter. If you are a social media junkie and would like to receive updates on your timeline, then you can also like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.